CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
A program of learning events & workshops
Our vision is to facilitate learning in order to enable occupational therapists and other health providers support the persons with chronic diseases, with disabilities, and/or difficult social conditions to promote healthy living, well-being and social inclusion through engagement in every occupations.
Our goals are to offer an array of non-credit and credit opportunities to:
- engage the School's alumni and other occupational therapists in continuing professional development and refresher education on leading edge topics;
- engage inter-professional teams including occupational therapists on health, school, workplace and other topics relevant to improving the everyday lives of Atlantic Canadians;
- collaborate with families, communities and organizations in knowledge exchange on meaningful occupation and participation in everyday life for everyone;
- build capacity in Atlantic Canada to use innovative strategies for learning anywhere using distance technologies; build Atlantic Region capacity to access quality occupational therapy services;
- build Atlantic Region capacity to access quality occupational therapy services; and
- develop university and community partnerships in a self-sustaining program
Potential audiences include:
- occupational therapy students, practitioners, educators and researchers
- other professions or disciplines (including students, practitioners, educators and researchers)
- policy makers and funders, and
- the public in Atlantic Canada and beyond
We continue to offer regular On-Site Workshops but have also developed an innovative Life-Long Learning Anywhere program that includes a Lunch & Learn Teleconference Series, an On-Line Current Topic Series, On-Line Short Courses, On-Line Graduate Level Courses, and On-Line Communities of Practice.